This is just another version of scrambled eggs with some added spice and veggies to it. Egg Bhurji as it is commonly known as in India is something that we do very frequently on weekends as brunch. It’s quick, nourishing and tasty.
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tomatoes (like Roma Tomatoes), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- ½ Green Bell Pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 2 Tablespoon of ghee (Butter can be used too)
- 2 Serrano Peppers chopped (optional)
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- ½ Teaspoon Garam masala (Also available in Indian Grocers)
Beat the eggs in a bowl with an egg beater or fork till frothy.
Heat Ghee and add the onions, grated ginger and the serrano peppers. Fry for sometime till the onions just start to brown.
Add the tomatoes and the green peppers and salt and turmeric. Fry for a couple of minutes.
Slowly pour the beaten eggs and break and mix it while doing it (Like you would do a scramble).
Keep cooking and breaking up the eggs till the eggs are done.
Finish it with chopped cilantro and the garam masala.
Serve with Toasted Buttered Bread or Parathas.