Here are some signs of Spring 2009! Some of them are taken at & around home. We had been to the Dallas Arboretum, where it was just a feast to the eyes & soul! Every season they have a whole new look, with seasonal flowers. Some more pictures are in My Flickr!
Giant Purple Iris, Dallas Arboretum
Poppy, Dallas Arboretum
Our Weed! – The Much Hated Dandelion.
Cat Mint, Dallas Arboretum
More Dallas Arboretum photos are in Arjun’s Flickr
Now Spring in my Kitchen & For the Love of Roses…..
A little update here, a change of decision. I am not sending the The Saffron Yogurt Mousse with Rose Petal Honey to CLICK.. Have struck it out. The Easter Buns are going instead. I have updated the Original Post for the Slovenian Easter Buns.
Spring in our Our Front Yard – Hot & Colorful
We have another 2 rose bushes on the left side of the walkway…These 4 bushes were my Mother’s Day Gift 2 years back, two bushes for each of our 2 blooms we have..:-D
With all these flowers growing wild I guess there are quite a few things I can do, right? If you are using Rose Petals in you Kitchen & Home, make sure they are free of all chemicals, pesticides & sprays. Wash & clean them well to get rid of dirt & insects.
Rose Petal Honey in making…(The fresh petals & the honey just combined)
Look for the fantastic home growns.. The Round Up.
Roses from your Garden to your Kitchen :
- Rose Water to use in your desserts
- Make some Rose Petal Honey
- Sprinkle some Fresh Fragrant Petals on the Salad
- Make Rose Petal Jam
- Crush some Petals in your Icecream or Yogurt
- Make fragrant Herbal Tea/Cooler Drink with the Petals & Rose Hips
- Bake a cake with the petals & Rose Water Essence
- Add them to Cookies & Scones
- Make Rose Infused Butter
- Make Sandwiches with the Rose Infused Butter
- Rose Wine sounds great too!
- Candied Flower Petals
- Make Gulkand
For the Sweet Fragrance of Rose…
- Refresh yourself by splashing some rosewater on your skin
- Make a face mask with rose petals
- Brighten up your home with a bouquet
- Use as potpourri
- Put the petals in a crockpot with some water to have your home smelling splendid
- Give a gift of Rose or a Rose Plant
- Get Romantic
- I send a few roses from my garden once in while to appreciate my friends and family. It always feels good to see that instant shine & twinkle from the receiving end!
The Backyard Scene is a little different….
Six Baby Bunnies Huddle in a Hole
And one adventurously wandered off…
Every Single day it has become a part of our daily schedule to observe these sweet little things. Early morning & about 7.30 in the evening, the Mommy comes & feeds the babies, all of them together! However one little one (the one above probably) always stays alone. We do not know when it feeds. After a week, they are stronger now, & have started hopping around a few feet of radius. Yaa! another set of bunnies getting ready to destroy my plants!:-D
Saffron Yogurt with Rose Petal Honey