Thank you Veda!
Veda of Iyengar’s Kitchen sent me this painting. She had promised a gift when the winners for the Challenge were announced, but I really did not expect such a pretty ( handpainted by the lady herself) treasure. This is precious! Thank you again.
Veda has her beautiful paintings & artwork here at Kai Kriye. If you take a look, you will see how talented this beautiful lady is!.. Some really admirable & awe inspiring work.
She also tagged me quite sometime back;-) I am not really good at this, but here it is:
1. What is your current obsession?
Learning Food Photography, & trying to make the BEST out the day with my kids, it is their vacation time.
2. What are you wearing today?
Yoga pants & T shirt.
3. What’s for dinner?
Not really sure.. probably Brown Lentils, Roti, & a Salad.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
New bamboo cutting board & a set of measuring spoons.
5. What are you listening to right now?
My DDs chirping.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Veda. Very very sweet & creative & talented. Love her work!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for,fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Some place where there is both the ocean & high mountains surrounding me. Far away from the crowd.
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Capris, shorts, tanks, light summer dresses, flip flops & sunglasses
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour,where would you go?
Greece, Rome, Italy, mayan Ruins, Egypt.. .all over the world.. there is so much to see.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Spanish & Italian
11. What’s your favourite quote?
My favorite depends on my mood. But my all time is “your children are not your children, they are sons & daughters of Life’s longing for itself… (Kahlil Gibran On Children)
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
My ma (but she is not with us anymore)
13. What is your favourite colour?
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
My White Summer Dress, my light pink & embroidered wrap. (& the innumerable sarees which i never get to wear)
15. What is your dream job?
Hmmmm…. Working/Volunteering with Special Need Kids.
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
I browse through a lot, but I am not a very “magazine” person – can’t point at one.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Some surprises for my kids, & somethings for the home.
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
wear what makes you YOU!
19. Who are your style icons?
Have no idea.. never paid much attention to it;-)
20. Describe your personal style?
21. What are you going to do after this?
Cook Lunch & play with my kids.
22. What are your favourite movies?
That has to be along list, but i like the old movies & the art movies.
23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can’t live without?
Perfume & Eyeliner…. & probably a waterproof mascara.
24. What inspires you?
My Hubby, & people who keep going & doing good even after passing thru a lot of pain & struggles- the courage in them.
25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Style is the last thing I think about.. LOL . Highlighting the eyes, for they speak & Keep organized & wear what makes you feel comfortable, not what the skinny unfed models are wearing.
26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
pull out the most comfortable with some jazzy earrings.
27. Coffee or tea?
Mornings – black coffee.. on weekends, may be some tea (Darjeeling tea – the tea pot kind)
28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
I want to stay alone or read.
29. What is the meaning of your name?
30. Which other blogs you love visiting?
That is a long list to be added here:-) All the blogs that I make time to visit regularly (or sometimes not regularly)