- 1 cauliflower – florets broken into pieces
- 2 medium potatoes – cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons oil (to fry the potato & cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 big black cardamom
- 1″ cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 red dry chilis
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (Available in Indian Groceries)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (To coat the Potato & Cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red Chili powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream ( can substitute with 1/2 cup of whole milk)
Coat the potatoes and cauliflower florets with 2 teaspoon of turmeric and a sprikle of salt and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Heat oil and fry the potatoes and cauliflower in batches till they start to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
In a pan, dry roast the cardamom, cinnamon, and clove. Add oil add the red dry chili and the fenugreek seeds. Once they start to sizzle add the sliced onions and fry till they just start to brown.
Add the ginger paste, the garlic paste and the tomato puree. Add salt, turmeric and red chili powder to it. Fry till you see the oil leaving the sides of the pan. Add the cauliflower and the potato. Stir gently to mix, so all the tomato gravy coats the vegetables. Add half cup of water, cover and cook till the potatoes and cauliflowers are tender but not mushy. Add the creme, and simmer for about another 10 minutes. Sprinkle kasuri methi on the top and gently mix.
Serve hot with roti or paratha.